Wednesday, November 26, 2014

SPRINGTIME IN LONGWOOD GARDENS, Part II

I only just made it - I planted my spring bulbs this year in the nick of time.  I am trying a few new bulbs, tulips, scilla, muscari - all in shades of purples, pinks, whites.  This is one small 8x8 growing box, but they are stuffed into a tiny area inspired by the sweeping walkway through bulbs and annuals at Longwood Gardens up in Pennsylvania.  I'm hoping for beautiful bulb abundance.  If you even remotely like gardens and walks in outdoor exquisiteness, Longwood Gardens is a must.  I have visited during each season, a number of times and I must say, spring delights in a way that only bright colors can, after the long cold and bleak winter.  As we approach winter, I hold on to memories of trips like this one on Mother's Day in May 2014, to keep me from getting total cabin fever.  
















































No comments:

Post a Comment